The diving bag presents you
End your diving season
The diving season in Quebec, punctuated by unforgettable underwater discoveries, is unfortunately coming to an end. It’s time to prepare for the transition out of the water by taking care of your equipment and preparing yourself mentally and physically for the next season. Here are some essential tips and tasks to consider for a knowledgeable diver.
1. Equipment cleaning and maintenance
One of the most crucial aspects after an intense diving season is to carefully clean and maintain your equipment. Here are some steps to follow:
- Rinse with fresh water : Wash your wetsuit, regulator, mask, fins and other equipment thoroughly in fresh water to remove salt and residue.
- Inspect zippers and seals : Check that all zippers are in good condition and functioning properly. Also examine the seals to make sure they are intact and well lubricated.
- Check the inflatables : If you use a buoyancy aid, check the condition of the valves and make sure there are no leaks.
- Checking the regulator : Have your regulator checked by a professional to make sure it is working properly and ready for the next season.
For all your checks in Quebec, please go to one of our corporate members to benefit from complete and secure expertise.
2. Proper Equipment Storage
Once your equipment is clean and dry, it is important to store it properly to avoid damage.
- Cool and dry place : Store your equipment in a cool, dry place out of direct sunlight.
- Hang or lay flat :
For wetsuit : If possible, hang your wetsuit on a hanger or place it flat to avoid deforming the neoprene.
For drysuit : Roll the boot suit up to the collar, making sure the zipper remains open to maintain its natural shape. Then place the suit in a dry, airtight bag to protect it from humidity and ozone.
- Dégonfler les gonflables : Si vous avez un gilet stabilisateur, assurez-vous de le dégonfler complètement avant de le ranger.
3. Medical and mental review
Before you return to diving next season, make sure you are healthy and mentally ready.
- Medical consultation : Schedule a visit to your doctor to make sure you are in good physical condition for diving.
- Skills Update : If you haven't dived in a while, consider taking a refresher course to brush up on basic skills.
- Meditation and relaxation : Take time to mentally relax and reflect on your past diving experiences. This will help you approach the new season with a fresh perspective.
4. Planning the next adventures
Take advantage of the break between seasons to plan your next underwater adventures.
- Choice of destinations : Explore new dive sites in Quebec or return to your favorite places.
- Updating certifications : Take advantage of this time to obtain new certifications or improve your existing skills.
- Checking travel conditions : Make sure you are aware of the travel requirements and regulations related to diving in the locations you plan to visit.
The end of the diving season in Quebec is the perfect opportunity to take care of your equipment, prepare yourself mentally and physically for the next season, and plan new underwater adventures. With these few practical tips you will be ready to dive in Quebec waters with enthusiasm and in complete safety when the diving season returns.
For more information visit: